To translate Affiliate Linkalizer for Amazon into another language, please follow these steps:
- Download and install Poedit.
- Download the Affiliate Linkalizer for Amazon POT file. This file is also available on your WordPress server in wp-content/plugins/affiliate-linkalizer-amazon/languages/affiliate-linkalizer-amazon.
- Launch Poedit and click on Create new translation. Navigate to the location of the affiliate-linkalizer-amazon.pot file.
- Select the language that you are translating the plugin into:
- In order to automatically generate a .mo file when you save your work, go to Poedit → Preferences, and on the General tab ensure that Automatically compile MO file when saving is checked:
- The box at the top labelled Source text contains all of the text in the plugin that needs to be translated. When you click on a line of text, you can provide a corresponding translation in the Translation field at the bottom:
- Go to File → Save As… to save your translation to .po and .mo files. The file naming convention to use is affiliate-linkalizer-amazon–language_country.po, where language is one of the language codes, and country is one of the country codes. For example, if the translation is in French, the file name would be affiliate-linkalizer-amazon-fr_FR.po. The correct file name may already have been generated for you if you selected the appropriate language in step 4.
- Email the .mo and .po files to email@example.com. It will be included in the next release of the plugin.
Thank you for contributing to Affiliate Linkalizer for Amazon!